Important Application Information
- This is a competitive, merit-based process. While meeting the nine minimum criteria makes you eligible to be considered for a scholarship loan, it does not mean you will be selected to receive a scholarship loan. Exceptions are not made for applicants who do not meet the minimum qualifying criteria (found on page 2 of the application).
- The deadline for submission of the application is Friday, February 1, 2019. Your application must be received or postmarked by this date. All required documents including references must also be received or postmarked by this date. Failure to submit all required documents by the deadline may result in your application not being reviewed for eligibility.
- The $45.00 application fee is non-refundable, non-deductible and non-applicable to tuition or any fees. You will need to make this check or money order payable to NC State University and mail to:
Dr. Eddie Price/NC Principal Fellows Program
Campus Box 7801
Raleigh, NC 27695-7801.
- You must have applied to a Master of School Administration program at a participating institution and must have been unconditionally admitted to the program by the time the Principal Fellows Commission selects the recipients in spring 2019.
- As an applicant, it is important that you make your school district/employer aware of your application for a scholarship loan. The School District Notification Form should be used to discuss with the appropriate officials the two year leave of absence you must take if awarded a Principal Fellows scholarship loan. If selected as a Principal Fellow, you will need to apply for an official leave of absence or resign your position. Note: Continuation of the state health plan for the Fellow is ONLY available to Fellows who are on an official leave of absence from their school system.
- You must include three references in your application.
Should you have any questions about the application, please email Dr. Eddie Price at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click the buttons below and print the application supporting documents and to complete the online application. Read the application instructions provided on this page carefully.
Important: You must print the supporting documents to be completed and uploaded to the online application.