Principal Fellows Commission
The Principal Fellows Program/Transforming Principal Preparation Program is administered by the North Carolina Principal Fellows/Tp3 Commission in collaboration with the North Carolina State Education Assistance Authority (SEAA). Both agencies are affiliated with the University of North Carolina, General Administration (UNC-GA). Selection criteria, the selection process, selection outreach efforts, renewal and continuation criteria and liaison with the educational community are the responsibilities of the Principal Fellows/TP3 Commission. The Commission is staffed and chaired by the Director of the Principal Fellows/TP3 Program. Rules to administer the PFP/TP3 are the responsibility of the Board of Directors for SEAA.
To view the committee membership for 2019-20, click here.
The NC Principal Fellows/TP3 Commission consists of:
- One member of the Board of Governors of the University of North Carolina
- One member of the State Board of Education
- Two deans of schools of education
- One public school teacher
- One public school principal
- A local superintendent
- One member to represent business and industry
- One local school board member
- One parent of a public school child
- The chairperson of the State Education Assistance Authority
- The director of the Principal Fellows Program