The NC Principal Fellows Program (NCPFP) and Transforming Principal Preparation Program (TP3)
The North Carolina Principal Fellows Program (NCPFP) and Transforming Principal Preparation Program (TP3) have recently merged funding. As such, students will no longer apply for the scholarship stipend from the NCPFP. Instead, students will apply to a university that is participating in the newly funded grant program for principal preparation. Currently, the following universities are participating in this fully-funded principal preparation model:
- East Carolina University
- High Point University
- North Carolina Central University (through Central Carolina Regional Education Service Alliance)
- North Carolina State University
- The University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- The University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- The University of North Carolina at Pembroke (through Sandhills Regional Education Consortium)
- Western Carolina University
If you are interested in any of these institutions, click HERE for contact information. Note: Additional programs may be added in the coming years as new grants are awarded.
- If you’re interested in participating in the TP3, be sure your school principal knows — they are your strongest advocate. Work together to ensure district-level leadership such as Human Resource Directors and your Superintendent know your intent to become a school leader.
- Applying and being accepted to this new model will also require your District Superintendent’s approval. When strong district partnerships exist, the likelihood of securing an assistant principal position is much greater.
- If accepted into one of the participating university programs, you will not be on a leave of absence both years. Instead, you will take courses while remaining in the classroom during your first year. You will be on a leave of absence the second year and receive a salary equivalent to your current teaching salary if more than that of a first-year assistant principal ($41,650).
For additional information or general queries, email Dr. Tony Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org.